Dr. Lowell Anthony
Oncologist, Professor of Medicine
More POVs from Dr. Lowell Anthony
- Dr. Anthony [oncologist] Multidisciplinary decision-making can address the order and variety of intervention options.
- Dr. Anthony [oncologist] Tumor boards help all participating physicians better understand the available management options.
- Dr. Anthony [oncologist] Nurses are an important part of the core team.
- Dr. Anthony [oncologist] The virtual multidisciplinary team.
- Dr. Anthony [oncologist] Challenges in defining disease progression for NETs.
Dr. Anthony [oncologist] The evolving diagnosis and management of NETs.
My career in the management of patients with neuroendocrine tumors has seen a great deal of change. We started from simply controlling quality of life and symptoms, to utilizing greater tools in controlling the actual tumor itself. The message that I would like to leave with practitioners is that the future holds a lot of change. There have been many changes in the past. We are only getting better in this area. I think the next decade we will see further advances in diagnosing and treating patients.