Our mission: Help improve patient outcomes by advancing the knowledge and management of NETs.
Since its inception in 2008, The NET Alliance has established itself as a leading resource for healthcare professionals (HCPs) and patients affected by neuroendocrine disease. We provide in-depth education, tools, and support, and collaborate with the entire NET community of physicians, researchers, patients, caregivers, and others who support similar goals.
The NET Alliance focuses on 4 key areas:
Specific goals in each of these areas include:
- Provide relevant information on the prevalence, morbidity, and mortality of NETs, which reinforces the urgency of timely diagnosis
- Communicate advances regarding the latest diagnostic tools in imaging, biomarker testing, and pathologic analysis
- Help HCPs understand the challenge of differential diagnosis between NET-related symptoms, such as carcinoid syndrome, and those of other gastrointestinal conditions, such as IBS and IBD
- Encourage HCPs to take a multidisciplinary team approach in the management of their NET patients
- Support multidisciplinary referral centers (MRCs) for expert patient care
- Support and communicate advances regarding tools for monitoring NET progression and disease status
- Facilitate dialogue between HCPs (including nurses) and patients so that essential information for care is effectively communicated
The NET Alliance collaborates with the worldwide patient community, using multiple channels to support patient advocacy and educate patients about their disease and their care.
- Provide reliable, easy-to-understand print and electronic resources, such as patient brochures and a patient focused Web site
- Support global initiatives to raise awareness, such as the annual Worldwide NET Cancer Awareness Day
- Improve our biologic and clinical understanding of NETs and advance future developments
- Discover new diagnostic, predictive, and prognostic biomarkers
- Establish NET registries around the globe to gain new insights into this elusive cancer
Get to know The NET Alliance
We encourage you to use this Web site to explore the rich array of resources available to help you better identify and manage patients in your practice with NETs.
The NET Alliance is proud of the respect we have gained and the relationships we have built with renowned NET researchers, clinical practitioners, and patient support groups. We invite you to join in sharing this knowledge and working to improve outcomes in patients with NETs.